Thursday, May 12

What a difference

......A few days can make. Today was much better than the last few days. I picked up the cutest fabric to make a long overdue blanket for a dear friend. I went to my ob appointment with two kiddos and I must say they we a dream. No offense Cameron but both combined were better than one of you dude. I got to see TNB and he/she looks big and perfect, I equate it to a miracle ;) As we speak MOTH is in the kitchen teaching Cameron to color like his little sister. Cameron could care less about coloring but there is something to be said about teaching a kid to do an assignment well and not race through it to win. It brings me to my point about strengths and weaknesses.

If you are looking for a GREAT read about succeeding in life and helping you kids pursuit their happiness then Marcus Buckingham's "Find Your Strongest Life" is a must read.

I heard this man speak at Women of Faith last year and was blown away by what he had to say about school and helping our kids find their strengths and focus on those and not so much worry about their weaknesses. BTW he defines weakness as not something you are weak at but as something you don't enjoy doing.

Doing a total 180 (because that is how my mind works these days) I am still in love with cloth diapering. I want to sell their products and help people who decide to go the cloth path.  It was largely overwhelming to me and I learned most from other mom's and my own experience. Please let me know if you are interested in learning more about the process. I am someone you would NEVER think would choose cloth but now that I have I will never go back!

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment