Monday, April 4

Top Two Tuesday



Top two songs on your Ipod. 

Ryan and I were dreaming and wondering what the world would be like if there was only Christian inspired music.  I attribute some of the downfall to our society is people's attraction to music that is negative towards others and flat out nasty.  Sure there are people that can listen to "that kind of music" and it have no effect and yes I am talking adults I have no problem with that, however our youth tend to get wrapped up in that culture or lifestyle and personally I think it is toxic. I am not just talking about rap btw pop music is just as guilty. I used to listen to this kind of music and the second my kid knew the lyrics to "Low" by Flo rider that was it. I changed my station and never looked back. In any case onto the topic at hand.

Top two songs on your Ipod (or in my case Ipad)  


1. Francesca Battistelli "This is the Stuff" 
I LOVE this song. I swear this is so me. I am constantly losing my keys, cell phone, and talking my way out of tickets.  What a great song to sing when you think your day is not going the way you planned.  It reminds me of how everyday I am blessed no matter what "little things" happen to me. 



2. Casting Crowns "Praise YOU in This Storm"  
 What an amazing song about our God and he is the same God always no matter where we are in life. I love the power of this song.


6 comments:

  1. I love, love, love praising you in the storm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Casting Crowns too! I don't think that there should only be Christian music, but I do think that music with lyrics talking about doing drugs, and killing people should be banned....of course that would include "Earl" by the Dixie Chicks which I really liked when it came out.....(I was divorcing my crazy abusive ex)....but if you can listen to it and find humor in it (that song was funny) as opposed to listen to some of the rap music and all they talk about is killing, that should be the decision maker...I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Casting Crowns song too! Great picks and Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE both songs. You are so right about nasty music! I work at a middle school and keep hearing the kids sing that new Rhianna song. gross.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks!!! I love Casting Crowns!!!

    ReplyDelete